What does it take to get a tattoo? Many people think that getting a tattoo is very simple; however this goes beyond going to the studio and choosing a design to like. It is vitally important to go to a center that respects all hygienic measures, as well as other tips that will be mentioned below.
Things to keep in mind when getting a tattoo
It is recommended to carefully read the following list and always keep in mind the following key points when getting a tattoo:
Before going fully with the realization, it is necessary that we can make a pre-tattoo consultation with the tattoo artist, which must be done in the tattoo studio where your drawing will take place. There you should pay attention to the following recommendations:
- Hygiene rules: The place must comply with the hygiene conditions, which are regulated for each autonomous community. Due to the high risk of tattoos, you should avoid going through dangerous situations such as contaminated needles.
- Choice of the area to be tattooed: It is recommended to opt for areas where the skin does not stretch drastically; thinking that in the passage of time the tattoo does not run the risk of becoming deformed.
- An allergy test: Some people may have an allergic reaction to the components of the ink, so it is recommended to perform an allergy test with small dots before proceeding with a complex tattoo.
- Avoid removing the cover from your tattoo once it has been done, that way you can make sure that it will not be irritated or exposed to infections or bacteria.
- Instrumental: in this regard, it must be composed of non-toxic and inert ingredients. They must preferably be disposable, or in any case be well sterilized; the reputation of the premises plays an important role in this regard.
- Abstain from alcohol and drugs: These substances affect the normal circulation of the blood, which negatively affects bleeding, in addition to reducing the speed of healing.
- Request a subsequent report: It can be very useful to request a report about the pigments used to make a tattoo, since in case of going to a medical appointment it will facilitate the work of the doctor.
- Follow the tattoo care to the letter: Tattoo care is vital; you must remain bandaged for the first four hours, wash with soap and water and apply an antibiotic cream after drying gently, this for the first 10 days. After this it is recommended the continuous use of a moisturizing cream.
Sometimes it will be necessary to make some touch-up, so you should not be afraid to do it.
You can read here more information about the risks of tattoos that you should be aware of.
Tips before getting a tattoo
These tips can be of great help when getting a tattoo, especially if it’s the first time.
- Be 100% sure before getting a tattoo, as well as think very well about the choice.
- Start with a small tattoo in case it is first time.
- Knowing the level of pain tolerance before opting for large and worked tattoos, you should be prepared at all times for pain. Needles can penetrate up to 80 to 150 times per second the skin, for some it is a very painful matter while for others it is simply somewhat irritating, it all depends on the level of tolerance.
- The cheap can be really expensive when it comes to tattoos, a good job that deserves multiple sessions and a lot of time will have a fair and high price.
- Commitment is always necessary, after you have thought it through, make it happen.
- Buy a moisturizer cream in case the tattoo artist does not provide any at the end of it, this should be done before getting a tattoo.
- The decision when getting a tattoo is personal, so the negative opinion of other people plays no role in the matter.