The benefits of skin detoxification are the removal of dirt, oil and other unwanted debris that accumulates daily. Throughout the day the skin, especially the face, is continuously covered with bacteria, contaminants, viruses, dirt and old (dead) skin cells. Daily facelift removes these impurities to give the skin a fresh and rejuvenated look.
Without detoxifying your skin, it would be covered with a thick layer of dirt which makes it more difficult for other products to penetrate the skin properly, also giving way to the formation of bars, pimples and unwanted blackheads.
How to detoxify skin at home?
We are going to implement the “skin detoxification” and make our body, mainly the face, can look younger, including the skin of the hands, neck and the rest of the body.
The first step is cleansing the skin
It is advisable to wash your face 2 times a day with a soap ideal for your skin type. Give preference to fluids and, for the body, those of hydration and creamy base, except in areas with acne in the body, if you suffer from it.
Removing makeup is something you should never forget, let alone go to bed to sleep completely make-up. You can try some options to remove makeup residues, try a facial cleanser that can be used for all skin types.
Prepare a special tonic
Tonics are proposed to correct the change in skin pH that can be caused by soap and, in addition, contains soothing and moisturizing properties along with antioxidant components. These tonics should be used after washing. Try this skin tonic, made with an old recipe.
Moisturize the skin
That’s the watchword to make the skin look younger. Choose products with ceramides, urea-based vegetable oils for the body and choose to apply them after bathing. Try to use the right moisturizer for your skin type. Learn how to moisturize the skin properly.
Exfoliation of the body
Once to twice a week it is essential to remove impurities and stimulate the cellular renewal of our skin. You should not forget to exfoliate the whole body and not just the face. Learn more about what is the right way to exfoliate the body. You can also exfoliate each area of the body and face separately, learn more about lip exfoliation.
Steam to detoxify the skin
Steam is welcome at this time n you want to remove impurities from the skin. Opt for 10 to 15 minutes of sauna or prepare a bathtub with hot water and steam this area to get all toxins removed. Be careful not to burn, although it seems obvious, many times it can happen from one moment to another without us noting, so you must be careful. With the heat of the steam the pores of the skin are more open and dilated. Using the exfoliant after this procedure will help remove blackheads and skin imperfections.
Nutrients and antioxidants
It’s time to get back to daily skin care. Select homemade masks or creams rich in vitamin C or E to apply to the face. These home treatments can help you fight free radicals and restore skin shine.
A balanced diet
We always repeat that our skin is a reflection of our emotions and what we eat. So go back to your balanced diet, choose colorful dishes of vegetables and organic foods, fruits, vegetables and legumes, lean and low-fat protein. Diet is a supplement that you should add when detoxifying the skin.
Some other benefits of skin cleansing
- Regular skin detoxification is essential to keep skin radiant and healthy.
- Detoxifying the skin helps the absorption of anti-aging products and other beauty treatments work properly.
- Cleaning helps maintain proper pore size.
- It promotes the hydration of the skin and prevents the production of excess sebum.
How to choose the right facial cleaning products?
With literally hundreds of cleaning products to choose from, here are some simple tips for choosing a suitable skin cleanser:
- If you have dry skin, you should avoid high-alcohol cleansers. People with oily skin need a cleanser with a lower level of PH. For sensitive skin a basic cleanser free of strong additives and fragrances is recommended.
- Cream and gel-based cleansers are ideal for dry skin and foamy cleansers are better for oily skin types.
- If you wear a lot of makeup, try to use products that do not harm the skin and never forget to remove the makeup.
- If you tend to sweat a lot, it will be recommended to look for a product aimed at avoiding clogged pores.
- If you have problems with allergies look for natural cleaners, free of synthetic ingredients.
- Selecting a detergent with a balanced PH will help you maintain the skin’s natural balance.