Mastering makeup art definitely requires some practice, but learning to design great makeup looksis easier than it sounds. Here at Lucid Life, we put out a list of nine easy and super effective tricks to help you always look your best.
Easy and effective tricks for perfect makeup
Whether it’s a basic lip gloss or a volumizing mascara, we always carry some makeup product in our toilet bag. In fact, we rarely go out without applying at least one makeup element. Wearing makeup is an art, and while it helps us navigate the day with confidence, we want to do it in style, right? The following are some easy, practical and effective tricks that, in addition to being ingenious, will help us to make up more easily.
1. Get the right contours for your face
A great makeup starts with a great base. You’ve probably heard of awesome contouring techniques – contouring – that can change your face completely.
Any makeup artist will tell you, that to make a good contour shape, it really depends on your face shape. But there is a common rule that you must follow: apply contour shadows to the area that we want to hide or backward, and make a highlight in the areas that we want to stand out or highlight.
2. Two principles to form your eyebrows
Just remember these two rules:
- The width of the eyebrow should be equal to the width of the upper lip. Large eyes need thicker eyebrows. Heavy eyebrows can also help you make your face more balanced. Avoid having thick eyebrows if you have small eyes, otherwise your eyes will look very small.
- Consider the distance between your eyebrows and your eyes. If the eyebrows are high, the heavier eyebrows can provide a more balanced look. If you have eyebrows near your eyes, you will have to make them thinner otherwise you will have a furrowed face.
3. Application of eyeliner
Drawing a straight line through your eye with your eyeliner or eyeliner is a challenging task. If you have nothing but an eyeliner on hand, try drawing a row of dots and then connecting them with small short strokes.
4. Use a spoon or fork
One of the easy tricks that shorten your path. If you are in the comfort of your home applying makeup, use these kitchen utensils. It is the easiest and fastest method to get the perfect wing shape for eyeliner.
5. Use your credit card to get the trick on the eyeliner
Using the credit card, it’s also a great trick if you want to make the eye line super straight. The most difficult task here, is to angle the card in the right direction.
6. Use tape instead of additional supplies
A great option for those who are lazy: take a piece of tape, stick it to the back of your hand to get something removed from its sticky rubber and to place it in the outer corner of your eye.